How to enable E-mail Scanner in Total Defense Anti-Virus 2007 & 2008
Total Defense Anti-Virus 2007, Total Defense Anti-Virus 2008
How do I enable the E-mail Scanner in Total Defense Anti-Virus 2007 & 2008?
Note: This document applies to Total Defense Anti-Spam 2007 on all Operating Systems except for Windows Vista.
To Uninstall Total Defense Anti-Spam 2007
1. Open control panel by going to Start > Control Panel (or) Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Open Add or Remove Programs.
On Windows XP, the interface will show up as follows:
3. Select Total Defense Internet Security Suite 2007 and click on:
4. On the Product Options Window that appears, choose the component that you want to uninstall. In our case, we can check on Total Defense Anti-spam and click Uninstall. Make sure that the other boxes have no check marks on them.
Once un installation is complete, you will get the following screen:
5. Leave Restart Computer Now selected and click on Complete. Once the computer reboots, the changes made will take effect.
To Download Total Defense Anti-Spam 2007
1. To download Total Defense Anti-Spam, please Click Here.
A window appears asking you if you would like to run, save the file, or cancel the operation.
2. Click on Save.
The Save As window appears, asking for a location to save the file to.
3. Select Desktop from the left side of the window, then click Save.
The file begins to download and a window displays the download progress.
4. Close all windows when the download is complete.
You are now ready to perform the installation.
To Install Total Defense Anti-Spam 2007
1. If you downloaded the installation file, double-click the file located on your desktop.
The installation begins and the Welcome to the Total Defense Anti-Spam Installation Wizard dialog appears.
Note: After you double-click the file, skip the next two steps.
2. If you are installing from the CD, insert the Total Defense Anti-Spam installation CD into your CD drive.
The Installation Menu appears.
Note: If the installation does not start automatically, you can launch it by browsing to the drive containing the CD and double-clicking the setup.exe file.
3. Select Install from the Installation Menu.
The Welcome to the Total Defense Anti-Spam Installation Wizard dialog appears.
4. Read the welcome message and click Next.
The Total Defense Product License dialog appears and displays the End-User License Agreement.
5. Read the End-User License Agreement. If you agree with the terms of the agreement, scroll to the end of the agreement, select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement option button, and click Next.
Note: If you click I do NOT accept the terms of the License Agreement, the installation will not continue.
The Lesser General Public Licence (LGPL) window appears.
6. Read the LGPL agreement. If you agree with the terms of the agreement, select the I accept the terms of this license agreement check box and click Next.
The Enter License Key window appears.
7. Enter your license key and click Next.
Note: The license key was emailed to you after your purchase. If you purchased a CD, the license key is on the back of your CD sleeve. You must enter the key exactly as it appears in the email. If you have difficulty with the license key, or if you cannot find your license key, visit http://www.my-etrust.com/Support/CustomerSupportForm.aspx.
The Installation Path dialog appears.
8. Select the folder in which you want to install Total Defense Anti-Spam, then click Install.
Note: The default installation folder is C:Program FilesCATotal Defense Internet Security Suite. To install the product to a different folder, enter the folder name in the Installation Path field, or click Browse to select the appropriate folder.
The installation begins copying files. It might take several minutes, depending on the speed of your computer and connection. During the process, the installation status is displayed. If you are connected to the Internet, the installation also downloads the latest product updates. After the installation process is complete, the Product Registration dialog appears.
Note: If you have already registered your Total Defense product using the previously-entered license key, the Product Registration dialog does not appear. Skip the next step.
9. If you are connected to the Internet, ensure that you register your product. If you are not currently connected to the Internet, to register when your computer is online, open the Total Defense Security Center and click Help, Product Registration.
The Installing Total Defense Anti-Spam window appears, advising you the installation is complete.